Friday, July 18, 2008

Monster Post: Exciting News and a Freebie Too

My family will be attending the NFED family conference in Iowa next week.  I have attended family conferences in the past.  But, this year is different.  First of all, I have always attended as an affected individual.  This year, I am attending as a parent of an affected child.  That really changes the perspective.  Also, it is my husband's first opportunity to attend a family conference.  As well as my son's. 

Family conferences are a lot of fun.  It is a chance to see old friends, and meet new ones.  All of whom share the knowledge of what it is like to be affected by one of the Ectodermal Dysplasia syndromes. 

Our schedule is full.  We have workshops that we want to attend, so that we can learn more about what to expect for our son, Zane.  And there are Grand Rounds.  Not everyone participates in Grand Rounds, not everyone is comfortable with it or could make it a day early.  I, however, LOVE Grand Rounds.  I love the opportunity of helping medical professionals learn about the disorder and putting a face to the long words in their text books.  For Grand Rounds, the doctors (and residents) all come around and have the opportunity to ask us questions about how we are affected, etc.  Typically, a host of disciplines are represented--from dermatology to urology, dentistry to ophthalmology, and just about everything in between. 

We also get the opportunity to meet with one of the physicians that we met in Houston in 2006, at Baylor University.  We participated in genetic research and the results are in.  I am especially interested in the results, because I am the first known case of Ectodermal Dysplasia in my family. 

On another note, Pretty Scrappy is going to make the switch to all Scrap for Hire friendly products.  Yippee!  Of course, all of my stuff is all ready S4H/S4O friendly, but I really think this will be a good move for the store. 

I have participated in another challenge over at Scrap Kit Challenge.  The theme for our next collab is Fun at the Fair! Here is my contribution to the kit:

lvd_fair_paper_prev-web

You can snag it here.  Password is fair.  It includes 7 papers (8x8/300ppi), 4 tags, 1 eyelet ribbon, 1 hotdog, 1 frame, 1 cotton candy, and 1 Admit One ticket. 

The collab will be released on the Scrap Kit Challenge site on August 1st. 

The kit that is currently posted is the Forever kit, and it is a beauty!  Take a look at these:

Kiere_Jun2008_preview

DeniseGDesigns_Jun2008_preview

TerresaS_Jun2008_preview

Stormbat_Jun2008_preview

This kit will not be free Forever (LOL).  It is only snaggable until July 31st.

Also, available (for purchase) are these amazing 60+ Baby Book quick pages (8x8/300ppi) for just $5.00!SKC_BabyBookPgs_Apr2008

Or these miscellaneous quick pages plus bonus cards and envelopes for just $3.50!  SKC_QPs_Cards_Apr2008prev

So, run on over to SKC and get these while the getting is good!  Older quick page sets are being removed to make room for new sets, so scroll on down and see what you can get!

Thanks for sticking with me! 

Be blessed,

Lady V

No comments: