Thursday, May 15, 2008

Have you ever...?

Had one of those days where your emotions ran the gamut? Well, today has been one of those. My sister told me early this morning that my nephew, James (17), was missing. He left his sister's at 10:20 last night and was supposed to pick up his brother and go home. He never showed up to get his brother, he never arrived home, and did not show up for school this morning.

We were all frantic. His Mom, Dad, and Sister contacted all of his friends and the local police while my sister called the local hospitals.

Finally, he was found. He had taken a wrong exit on the highway home. He got lost, ended up on the other side of the river, ran out of gas and had no money on him to call home or get more gas. So, he slept in his car.

The local police contacted a few other departments and ran his license plates. He was found by another police department and safely returned home.

In todays day and age, when a kid goes missing, it is enough to FREAK a family out. Needless to say, I was praying and had quite a few friends praying as well. Praise God he is okay, and home!

I went from devastated to elated in the space of a few hours and developed a headache from all the crying!

Wow. Thanks for reading my ramblings...

I have a new kit going into the store at Pretty Scrappy. It is called Au Naturale. It has 30 papers and 31 elements. Here are the previews.





The following is a freebie, not included in the kit.

You can get it here for the next week, then it goes in the store.

Have a blessed day!

Lady V

3 comments:

Kathy's Scraps said...

Wow, Lady V, I am so glad he was found safe and sound and everything turned out good! Thank the Lord!

Great kit! Keep up the great designing!!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear your Nephew was found safe. It is scary whenever you hear someone is missing. Just this past week a boy my daughter knows here in our neighborhood, went off with an older teen and didn't come back. Thank God the Police were able to find him and bring him home as they were with your Nephew. :)

Casey said...

Tag, you're it! Click on my blog to see what I mean.